8 good ways to prevent you having a stroke
1. Top 3 reasons for having a stroke? High blood pressure, high blood pressure and high blood pressure . Your blood pressure, if normal, can protect you.
One person in every 3 adults has high blood pressure. This can also lead to heart diseases, strokes, dementia and kidney diseases. Half those who have high blood pressure are not receiving any treatment . Very important for your health, so next is a page on how to manage your Blood pressure better.
[Source: Public Health England, Jan. 2017]
2. Want to check your personal risk of getting a stroke or heart disease in the next 10 years now? Takes just a few minutes, using latest UK research .
4. Improve your lifestyle, with a healthier diet, less alcohol, lose weight, more exercise, cut down on caffeine, reduce the salt you eat, and, get a good night’s sleep. “Lifestyle management is the main reason for high blood pressure, and we have to come to grips with it.” [Nov. 2017, 35]
6. Want to know more about preventing yourself having a stroke, what it is like to have a stroke and its problems? Look at Jim Whyte’s video story.
7. If you go to hospital after a suspected stroke, NHS Choices tells you about tests there to confirm the diagnosis, find the cause, and brain scans to find which part of the brain is affected. Everyone with suspected stroke should receive a brain scan within an hour of arriving at hospital.