Here’s a framework for your own personal health plan, with links to web pages with useful actions for your plan. [Time to read: 6 mins]
- Patient contacts & summary medical history, (I always carry an emergency card with these on), and your wants and needs
- My other medical treatments’ plan
- My diet plan, and my more exercise plan
- My future health checks plan (tests/dates, annual review dates, etc.)
- My further learning plan (diabetes, stroke or heart)
- Instructions for emergencies
Going into hospital – waiting time too long? Contact your GP
- how to avoid hospital-acquired infections – this is my patient’s checklist.
- Digestive upsets; sick day rules;
- Diabetes: Charity Diabetes UK Careline, NHS on dealing with hypos.
- Heart: what if possible heart attack happens?
13. My notes on important happenings & questions for my doctor
14. Targets discussed and agreed, e.g. blood tests, weight, smoking, exercise, with dates by.
Your plan will include some of the following that you choose as being important for you. Click on the links and put the headings you want into your plan.
Framework of your diabetes prevention plan
Frameworks of your heart diseases prevention plan & strokes prevention plan
Living with heart failure: BHF’s Personal Record.
Helps you to keep important notes about your heart failure, e.g. symptoms, medication and treatments, all in one place. It will help you & your health professionals to track your progress. Copy this personal record framework, or part of it, into your plan if needed.
page updated 17 Jan. 2019. © 2019 by social enterprise Diabetes-cutmyrisks.co.uk.™ Ltd.