Often asked questions about preventing diabetes
- What is diabetes and pre-diabetes?
- Causes of diabetes: Type 1, or Type 2
- How to prevent yourself getting diabetes?
- Symptoms of Type 2 diabetes? 1 million adults in UK have Type 2 diabetes and don’t know it .
- Check your own risk of getting Type2 diabetes?
- In England those with ‘pre-diabetes‘ have increased to 1 in 3 people. Half of those who are overweight and over 40 years old now have pre-diabetes [evidence no. 19]. If you have pre-diabetes, how can you use it to prevent you going on to get diabetes?
- Symptoms & diagnosis of ‘Gestational Diabetes’ in pregnant women?
- If you have diabetes, how to stop you getting deadly diabetes complications? e.g. 3 out of every 4 of us with diabetes die from heart/stroke diseases.
- Why is Weight important in preventing diabetes?
- Simple tips to lose weight?
13. How to ask your own health questions, by voice online?
14. Actions? If you take decisions using the answers to these questions, we recommend putting them into your draft personal healthcare plan, for discussion with your GP.
page updated 29 August 2018. © social enterprise Diabetes-cutmyrisks.co.uk.™ Ltd.