Often asked questions about preventing diabetes
- What is pre-diabetes? What are the USA warning signs of pre-diabetes? What glucose level is pre-diabetes?
- Causes of diabetes: Type 1, or Type 2?
- How to prevent yourself getting diabetes?
- Symptoms of Type 2 diabetes? Half a million adults in UK have Type 2 diabetes and don’t know it .
- What does it mean when your blood sugar is borderline?
Check your own risk of getting Type 2 diabetes?
In England those with ‘pre-diabetes‘ have increased to 1 in 3 people. Half of those who are overweight and over 40 years old now have pre-diabetes [evidence no. 19]. If you have pre-diabetes, how can you use it to prevent you going on to get diabetes?
- NHS on symptoms & diagnosis of ‘Gestational Diabetes’ in pregnant women?
- If you have diabetes, how to stop you getting deadly diabetes complications? e.g. 3 out of every 4 of us with diabetes die from heart/stroke diseases.
Why does NHS say Weight important in preventing diabetes?
13. Where to get local help to quit smoking? Stop smoking options? Public Health England guidance, August 2018
14. How to ask your own health questions, by voice online?
15. Actions? If you take decisions using the answers to these questions, we recommend putting them into your draft personal health plan, for discussion with your doctor/GP.
page updated 6 Sept. 2019. © 2019 social enterprise Diabetes-cutmyrisks.co.uk.™ Ltd.