Often asked questions about preventing diabetes
1. What is pre-diabetes? What are the warning signs of pre-diabetes? What glucose level is pre-diabetes? Now you can use pre-diabetes to prevent getting diabetes. 1 in 3 adults in UK have pre-diabetes [evidence no. 19].
6. What does it mean when your blood sugar is ‘borderline‘? And what can you do about it? A lot!
7. In England those with ‘pre-diabetes’ have increased to 1 in 3 adult people. Half of those who are overweight and over 40 years old now have pre-diabetes . If you have pre-diabetes, how you can use pre-diabetes to prevent you getting diabetes?
8. NHS on symptoms & diagnosis of ‘Gestational Diabetes’ in pregnant women? NHS says, “all pregnant women with type 1 diabetes are offered continuous glucose monitoring by March 2021”.
9. Why does NHS say ‘Weight’ is important in preventing diabetes? > Simple NHS tips to lose weight are here.
11. How to ask your own health questions, by voice online? Much faster than typing.
12. Actions? If you take decisions using the answers to these questions, we recommend putting them into your draft personal health plan, for discussion with your doctor/GP.
page updated 6 June 2021. © 2021 social enterprise Diabetes-cutmyrisks.co.uk.™ Ltd.