Do you want to prevent yourself, or your family or friends, getting diabetes, a heart disease or a stroke? These long-term conditions never go away, and can stop you enjoying your life.
So go to simple, well researched steps on pages here to prevent diabetes, or prevent heart diseases, or prevent strokes.
- Manage my lifestyle better, simple ways changing your diet and exercise will help prevent all of these 3 conditions [Evidence ref. nos. 3, 9, 11, 14, 18].
- 1 in 3 adults in England has high blood pressure, over 130/80 mm Hg . Often no symptoms, and 7 million people in England do not know they have high blood pressure. This can double your risk of having a stroke or heart attack . Every 10 mm Hg reduction in blood pressure reduces heart disease and strokes by more than 1 in 5 people . So a good idea to manage your blood pressure.
- And here are some extra ways to lower blood pressure without drugs.
- For those of us who already have diabetes, 3 out of 4 will die from heart or stroke diseases . So preventing heart disease and preventing stroke is twice as important for us.
5. If you’d like to take steps, suggest you put the steps you have chosen in your own written draft health plan. And when you are ready, take it to discuss and improve with your doctor/GP.
page updated 06 Jan. 2019. © 2019 social enterprise Diabetes-cutmyrisks.co.uk.™ Ltd.