Your healthcare plan is likely to become a big document as you add things to it. So do not rush it, choose to work on one section of it at a time. e.g. when you want to look up heart diseases or your risks of getting them, or want to discuss one health topic with your GP. Then enter your notes and actions you plan in that section. So your plan will become a living and useful document. The sections of your plan could be as follows.
1. Plan contents (list of your headings), and version date
2. Plan summary
If you get big personal health data directly from your own digital monitors, smart watches, and smartphone apps including your own NHS app record, then you need to summarise them here:
- Note any abnormal blood tests results.
- Diary of your blood pressure readings taken during the last 12-months.
- Summary of your current lifestyle readings, inc. exercise, weight, diet and alcohol.
- Any physical problems with your body or limbs, including pains, swellings, arthritis, etc.
- My health questions, worries that I need to discuss with my doctors and nurses are…
My draft personal healthcare plan on how to prevent up to 10 different serious diseases, is or is not yet, ready to discuss with my doctors.
3. What you need to know about me
- My NHS no.
- My Hospital no.
- My date of birth:
- My home carer: name and contact details.
- GP contact details.
- My current health problems, including treatments and medications
- What a person nearby should do for me if I am helpless or injured…
- Afraid of medical items?
- Other family members nearby + contact details.
- (Personally, when I am out, I always carry an emergency card with most of this on it.)
4. My lifestyle – include my regular exercise, weight, diet and alcohol consumption. So can review them with your doctor.
5. Any physical body or limbs problems?
Note them here, include pain, swellings, skin discolorations, accident damage, my falls if older. And review with doctor or specialist staff, e.g. foot specialist person.
6. My plan to prevent up to 10 serious diseases:
Some of the ways to prevent the following diseases and conditions are set out in these links to other web pages here. So choose the next one you want to prevent:
6.5 Prevent heart & blood diseases, + heart failure, blood clots, fats/cholesterol in the blood .
6.6 Prevent stroke: 7 steps.
6.9 Prevent pneumonia and shingles, with vaccinations.
7. References to medical evidence used in my plan.
page updated 01 July 2021 © 2021 social enterprise Diabetes-cutmyrisks.co.uk.™ Ltd.