Your healthcare plan is likely to become a big document as you add things to it. So do not rush it, choose to work to create my health plan one section at a time. e.g. when you want to look up heart diseases or your risks of getting them, or want to discuss one health topic with your GP. Then enter your notes and actions you plan in that section. So creating my health plan will become a living and useful document. The sections of your plan could be as follows.
Important to keep this health plan up to date.
1. Create my health plan layout, contents (headings), and version date
2. My Health Plan summary
My draft personal healthcare plan on how to prevent up to 10 different serious diseases. Is this yet ready to discuss with my doctors? Do not rush it!
3. What you need to know about me, (“healthcare passport”)
- My NHS no.
- My Hospital no.
- My date of birth:
- My home carer: name and contact details.
- My GP and medical specialists contact details.
- My current health problems, including treatments and medications
- What a person nearby should do for me if I am helpless or injured…
- Afraid of medical items?
- Other family members nearby, contact details.
- Things you must know to keep me safe. Things that are important to me. My likes and dislikes.
- Do I have any barriers to communication or access e.g. language, hearing, learning difficulties, or problems with memory, thinking or judgment?
- (Personally, when I am out, I always carry an emergency card with most of this on it.)
- Do you know if your parents, grandparents, brother or sister had any of these health conditions that can run in families? Asthma, Heart diseases, High blood pressure, Diabetes, Eczema, Mental health, some Cancers, Epilepsy, Stroke, Thyroid, Allergies, Sickle Cell Anaemia, Glaucoma? If yes,list them here.
4. My lifestyle – include my regular exercise, weight, diet and alcohol consumption. So can review my health plan layout with your doctor.
5. Any physical body or limbs problems?
Note them here, include pain, swellings, skin discolorations, accident damage, my falls if older. And review with doctor or specialist staff, e.g. foot specialist person.
6. Create my health plan layout to prevent up to 10 serious diseases:
Some of the ways to prevent the following diseases and conditions are set out in these links to other web pages here. So choose the next one you want to prevent:
6.5 Prevent heart & blood diseases, + heart failure, blood clots, fats/cholesterol in the blood .
6.6 Prevent stroke: 7 steps.
6.9 Prevent pneumonia and shingles, with vaccinations.
7. References To Medical Evidence Used In My Plan.
page updated 16 January 2022. © 2022 social enterprise Diabetes-cutmyrisks.co.uk.™ Ltd.