- Prevention website aim
- Health benefits from your prevention actions?
- Next step to better health?
1. Website aim
Why this new health website? The good news is the latest Public Health England (PHE) statistics say we are all living longer. The bad news is that we’re spending much of our extra time suffering from poor health – around 16 years of ill-health for men and 19 years for women. You & your family can enjoy your health much longer by taking the simple steps here.
2. Health benefits from your prevention actions? [Time to read: 4 mins.]
1. Spot your health problems here, before they hit you. Have the life you want, stay well and enjoy it more, with this support. Share experiences with others here, to learn more about self-managing your health. This does not replace advice from your medical doctors and nurses. Helps you understand what they tell you, and reminds you.
2. Record your exercise, blood pressure, and blood sugars, on your home monitors and smart watches with linked mobile phone apps. So now work on your own health plan when sitting comfortably at home, with your home carer(s) and a mobile phone handy. Then act earlier to enjoy your health for longer. [Evidence page , references nos. 3, 11, 28].
3. Could you, or one of your family, be one of one million adults in the UK who do not know they have diabetes? . Look at NHS on diabetes symptoms here. Or are you one of 7 million UK people unaware they have high blood pressure? [says Charity British Heart Foundation]
4. As one person when first told he had diabetes, said, “Initially it really is, erm… certainly was for me, a real – I was in shock. And that begs many questions you want to ask and you’ve got to kind of put in a request to see somebody, no, hang on, why can’t I just have an answer to my question, simple little thing, that’ll put my mind at rest?” 
5. Get trusted health knowledge, 24/7, e.g. from the NHS, using this website’s links to the right trusted page you need out of hundreds, from your own questions here.
6. Fewer days in hospital, because you act sooner, will improve your life and cut NHS costs .
7. Most people say they forget within about 3 days their target blood pressure, weight and other numbers they have agreed with their doctor [BMC 2014]. So help to make your own written, health personal plan here as the NHS advises [NG 28] & British Heart Foundation advises.
3. Next steps to prevent diabetes, prevent heart diseases/strokes? And enjoy better health
page updated 27 Oct. 2018. © social enterprise Diabetes-cutmyrisks.co.uk.™ Ltd.