Website aim: Use trusted UK health websites, and their detailed pages we link you to here, to help you and your family prevent diabetes, & prevent heart attack, & prevent a stroke. Almost half of us die from these three. Steps to prevent are simple! (We don’t mean easy).
Health benefits for you here? [Time to read: 4 mins.]
1. Spot health problems here, before they hit you. Have the life you want, stay well and enjoy it more, with this support. Share experiences with others here, to learn more about self-managing your health. This does not replace advice from your medical doctors and nurses. Helps you understand what they tell you.
2. Record your exercise, blood pressure, blood sugars, etc., on your home monitors and smart watches with linked mobile apps. So now work on your own health plan when sitting comfortably at home, with your home carer(s) and a mobile phone handy. Then act earlier to enjoy your health for longer. [Evidence page , references nos. 3, 11, 28].
3. Could you, or one of your family, be one of one million adults in the UK who do not know they have diabetes? . Look at diabetes symptoms here. Or are you one of 7 million UK people unaware they have high blood pressure? [says BHF]
4. As one person when first told he had diabetes, said, “Initially it really is, erm certainly was for me, a real – I was in shock. And that begs many questions you want to ask and you’ve got to kind of put in a request to see somebody, no, hang on, why can’t I just have an answer to my question, simple little thing, that’ll put my mind at rest?” 
5. Get trusted health knowledge, 24/7, e.g. from the NHS, using this website’s links to the right page you need out of hundreds, from your own questions.
6. Fewer days in hospital, because you act sooner, will improve your life & cut NHS costs. Hospital days you save for diabetes could be 1 day less in every 3, and for heart/strokes, 1 day less in every 5 .
7. Most people say they forget within about 3 days their target blood sugars, blood pressure, etc. numbers agreed with their doctor [BMC 2014]. So help to make your own written, healthcare personal plan, as the NHS advises [NG 28] & British Heart Foundation advises.
page updated 30 June 2018. © 2018 by social enterprise Diabetes-cutmyrisks.co.uk.™ Ltd.