Why this new health website? The good news is the latest PHE statistics say we are all living longer. The bad news is that we’re spending much of the extra time suffering from poor health – around 16 years of ill-health for men and 19 years for women. You & your family can enjoy your health much longer by taking the simple steps here.
2. Health benefits for your prevention steps? [Time to read: 4 mins.]
1. Spot health problems here, before they hit you. Have the life you want, stay well and enjoy it more, with this support. Share experiences with others here, to learn more about self-managing your health. This does not replace advice from your medical doctors and nurses. Helps you understand what they tell you, and reminds you.
2. Record your exercise, blood pressure, blood sugars, etc., on your home monitors and smart watches with linked mobile apps. So now work on your own health plan when sitting comfortably at home, with your home carer(s) and a mobile phone handy. Then act earlier to enjoy your health for longer. [Evidence page , references nos. 3, 11, 28].
3. Could you, or one of your family, be one of one million adults in the UK who do not know they have diabetes? . Look at NHS on diabetes symptoms here. Or are you one of 7 million UK people unaware they have high blood pressure? [says BHF]
4. As one person when first told he had diabetes, said, “Initially it really is, erm certainly was for me, a real – I was in shock. And that begs many questions you want to ask and you’ve got to kind of put in a request to see somebody, no, hang on, why can’t I just have an answer to my question, simple little thing, that’ll put my mind at rest?” 
5. Get trusted health knowledge, 24/7, e.g. from the NHS, using this website’s links to the right page you need out of hundreds, from your own questions.
6. Fewer days in hospital, because you act sooner, will improve your life and cut NHS costs. Hospital days you save for diabetes could be 1 day less in every 3, and for heart/strokes, 1 day less in every 5 .
7. Most people say they forget within about 3 days their target blood sugars, blood pressure, etc. numbers agreed with their doctor [BMC 2014]. So help to make your own written, healthcare personal plan, as the NHS advises [NG 28] & British Heart Foundation advises.
Next step? Want to take action to prevent diabetes, prevent heart diseases/strokes? Go to menus here to plan your steps to prevent diabetes, prevent a heart attack or prevent a stroke, or to answer your own health questions on them.
page updated 31 August 2018. © social enterprise Diabetes-cutmyrisks.co.uk.™ Ltd.